Forum » Off-Topic » Off-Topic Discussions » How often should I re-braid my kinky hair?

How often should I re-braid my kinky hair?

• Experience compassionate and professional care at Detox Nashville, where we guide you through a safe and effective detox process, setting the foundation for a healthier future. Detox Nashville
      September 18, 2024 2:00 AM MDT
    • An important re-braiding of kinky hair toward keeping it healthy and in proper appearance is very important, but how often you should do it depends on various aspects. Generally, most experts advise one to re-braid their kinky hair every 6 to 8 weeks. This period helps your braids look neat and keep them in control, which also minimizes tangling and breakage.

Several factors influence how often you need to re-braid :

Hair Growth:
      kinky braiding hair grows pretty quickly, in fact. New growth pushing on the braids at all may be a  good sign to re-braid to avoid root tension.
    • In Relation To How They Look: If your braids start getting frizzy or losing their shape earlier than what you would expect within the first 6 to 8 weeks, it's probably going to need attention soon. Regularly redone can keep them fresh-looking.
    • Healthy Scalp: If your scalp starts to get itchy or have buildup, you might want to rebraid to clean and refresh your hair and scalp. A healthy scalp is as important for clearing away irritating problems such as dandruff or fungus infections.
    • Lifestyle And Activities: Once again, your lifestyle plays a part in it. If you engage in activities that cause severe sweating or expose you to dirt, you should rebraid more often to maintain cleanliness and comfort.
    • Personal Preference: Some individuals may just prefer the aesthetics of re-braiding more frequently or simply enjoy the process of how they look.

The perfect rebraiding schedule for your kinky hair will be determined by allowing your hair and scalp, complemented by knowing your style and maintenance schedule.
    This post was edited by Daisy Elizabeth at September 17, 2024 6:26 AM MDT
      September 17, 2024 6:22 AM MDT