Forum » General » News and Announcements » Chelsea 2021-22 kit: New home and away jersey styles

Chelsea 2021-22 kit: New home and away jersey styles

• Chelsea continue their partnership with Nike for their 2021-22 kits as they enter into the fifth year of a collaboration that began in the 2017-18 campaign.Get more news about Manchester United soccer jersey,you can vist futbolucl.com !

While they were some distance from Premier League glory last season, Thomas Tuchel's side reached the Champions League final and will be keen to look the part next season, at home or away, as they attempt to build on that foundation.

Ahead of the new campaign, Goal takes a look at what the Blues will be wearing and release dates.Chelsea's 2021-22 home kit was officially launched on May 13 and it was worn for the first time in the FA Cup final defeat to Leicester City on May 15. The full retail launch followed on May 20.

The kit design is said to have been inspired by 1960s subcultures and the kit is certainly more vibrant than its predecessor, with a mixture of zig-zag and chequered print on the fabric.

While the 2020-21 home kit was characterised by darker, more solid, blues, the new home kit brings back the yellow tinges that featured in many of the 1990s kits.

A slick promotional video was produced to herald the new look, with the likes of Timo Werner and Callum Hudson-Odoi accompanied with a remix of The Zombies' classic 1960s hit 'Time of the Season'.Like many kits worn by the biggest sports teams in the world nowadays, Nike has manufactured the fabric using recycled plastic.

"This shirt is the most eye-catching yet and is so unique from the others I’ve worn," Blues playmaker Mason Mount said of the kit in the press release. "I think it’ll be a big hit with Blues across the globe."He added: "I feel like it really represents this younger generation rising up the ranks and I love the sustainability behind it.

"It’s really important to be mindful of our impact on the environment and it’s great to see football leading the way on sustainability."The Chelsea 2021-22 away kit was launched on July 29 in time for the new campaign.

It has a yellow and black will be the colourway, recalling the last yellow away kit the Blues wore for the 2018-19 season.The base is yellow, with thin horizontal black strips cutting across the torso of the jersey. The collar and sleeve cuffs are black too, as are the Nike 'Swoosh', the Chelsea badge and sponsor logos.

August 5, 2021 9:41 PM MDT