Forum » General » News and Announcements » Which mask is appropriate in COVID-19 pandemic?

Which mask is appropriate in COVID-19 pandemic?

• In the literature it is mentioned that medical masks are made of non-woven materials, in general the main component is polypropylene. Masks for medical use can be broadly classified into two types. Surgical masks and HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter masks. The first is the mask that is frequented in health centers, mainly comes from infectious diseases transmitted by drops (saliva, cough or sneezes) through close contact, how it is proposed that SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted. Furthermore, HEPA filters are recommended for the prevention of airborne respiratory infections. Some authors differentiate the contagion by drops (example, Flügge drops 10,000-100,000 nm) from diseases transmitted by air, referring to the latter as those caused by pathogens that can survive for some prolonged period in air-displaced drops that when evaporate, they lose a large part of their mass (Well droplets 5,000-10,000 nm). An example in this case would be Mycobacterium tuberculosis.To get more news about type IIR mask factory, you can visit tnkme.com official website.
    The use of n95 filters has become popular in the population, filtering 95 percent of particles up to 0.3 um (300 nm) for a certain time. The size of SARS-CoV-2 virion causing the COVID-19 pandemic is 50-200 nm, which is below the limit for N95 respirators, and CDS advises that this type of filter does not offer total protection.

The question also arises, although the virus is smaller, would it (masks like n95 filter) help to eliminate the chances of contagion so that the mask stops drops loaded with viruses? Very specifically, my question is, which mask is appropriate? I also rode about a non-woven polyester one that was supposed to be washable, but I haven't come up with any clear information about it.
    I also wanted to know about the recommendation for the use of a mask, during the first days there was a recommendation at the general public level not to use masks. You know what happened to this, I have seen government authorities recommending its use.
      November 2, 2021 12:19 AM MDT