Forum » Off-Topic » Off-Topic Discussions » Homemade Pasta/Italian noodles & homemade sauce, yummy!

Homemade Pasta/Italian noodles & homemade sauce, yummy!

• All my hard work finally paid off tonight!

I made my pasta sauce (from my Italian grandma/moms) recipe yesterday that's been passed down, then hand made the noodles today! Lots of work but So worth it! I do use my pasta machine to "roll" it through instead of a roller & use it to cut the noodles.

But I get in & knead the dough by hand, it's not an easy job but SO worth it! You just can't buy noodles like that.

I roll out my noodles on #6 on a standard pasta maker which makes them a little thicker then cut them about idk almost like fettuccini noodles. It's the wider cut on the pasta machine.

Its the the type of pasta machine you hook onto the counter with a clamp. Old fashioned.
    I like doing it that way, instead of the kitchen aid. Guess I want to carry on the tradition. I may give in someday soon, it's getting harder as time goes by... Lol

But kneading dough for 15 minutes is a Great tricep workout!

Plus the meatballs, Italian sausage & pork steak I use in the sauce.

Sauce is Always better the next few days when it melds in the frig till you have to freeze it. Then I freeze my noodles for maybe 2 weeks so I have plenty to make more homemade dinners & Fast the next few times around.

My husband & dad are Very happy & full tonight:)

Anyone else make homemade pasta & sauce? It's SO worth it :)
      November 30, 2021 7:23 AM MST