Forum » General » News and Announcements » What happened to WoW's gold economy?

What happened to WoW's gold economy?

• What happened to WoW's gold economy?

I started playing WoW at the tail-end of Burning Crusade, played on and off for many years. Played all expansions past that quite heavily with the exception of Warlords of Draenor. Just returned to the game again after a break since BfA 8.0 dropped.To get more news about Buy WoW Dragonflight Gold EU, you can visit lootwowgold.com official website.

I've always been someone that grinds for gold in MMOs - I don't know why, I just enjoy hoarding money I guess. One of my favorite ways to do so have always been gathering professions like Mining and Herbalism. I remember in some of the other expacs spending many nights farming gold, whether it was mining, grinding for rare pet drops, or killing those troggs in deepholm for Embersilk, back when their drop tables were insane.

My issue with BfA is this: It feels like since they introduced the "zoned" gathering/crafting, where everything is separated by expansion, materials that would have been farmed from previous expansions are nigh worthless, or at least very low demand. Nothing makes any money except for current expac stuff. Now, I am making this claim based on the Turalyon and Area 52 server economies, so if you have a different experience with this on a different server, please share. Do I just need to change servers? Is it because these two are so old? Do newer servers have better economies?

For instance, I used to mine Saronite/Titanium up in Wintergrasp when the pvp wasn't active, and I could make 20,000-30,000 gold per hour (not loads, I know, but this seemed a fair amount to me, and seems to be quite a bit more than you can make now in BfA), and this worked for several expansions, right up until BfA. Now, there's little demand for the materials (though prices are still high for Titanium, but hardly any buyers), and I went through all the other previous expac materials too, and they're all basically worth nothing, since nobody needs them to level crafting professions anymore.

I just don't get why they would do this; with the expac-zoned profession leveling, sure it lets people jump right into BfA professions without having to do a whole bunch of grinding first, but then (like now), everyone's got their professions high/maxed and even the BfA profession markets are bloated with sellers.

Lastly, I feel some people might claim WoW tokens to be the blame, which at first I would have disagreed with. But now, not so much. For the first couple years they were out, WoW tokens only cost something like 30,000-75,000 gold, which wasn't so bad (especially considering the mining method I mentioned above, at the time), but now tokens are right around 160,000 gold and have even been as high as 220,000. At which point, spending the $20 on a WoW token to turn around and sell it for 160k is a much better time investment than trying to grind for 8-16 hours straight (assuming you can make 10-20k/hour). But that's already quite challenging, and I don't know anyone that can make 50,000 gold an hour or more just farming, unless I'm missing some game-changing strategy somehow.

April 24, 2022 8:38 PM MDT