Forum » General » News and Announcements » The best movie and video streaming apps for 2022

The best movie and video streaming apps for 2022

• The best movie and video streaming apps for 2022

Which platform should you choose to stream your movies and series? Netflix still dominates the SVOD market, but competitors like Prime Video or Disney+ as well as emerging services like Apple TV+ are all nipping at Netflix's heels. Needless to say, things have gotten confusing over the years. NextPit breaks it down for you in this comparison of the best SVOD services to choose from in 2022.To get more news about 39bet-xsmb-xổ số tây ninh-xổ số binh phước-xổ số binh dương-xổ số đồng nai, you can visit official website.

I know what you're thinking right now. Oh well, a selection of the best video streaming services, how original! But in 2022, SVOD is no longer just about Netflix and the stronger competition has unfortunately not led to lower subscription prices. Also, the constant rejigging of catalogs and offers means it is difficult to keep track of things. And this is why NextPit, without claiming to reinvent the wheel, decided to come up with this selection.

There's no question. Netflix is obviously the best choice when it comes to SVOD services. I won't waste time introducing a platform that I'm sure most of you use (I said almost, no need to castigate me in the comments if you're anti-Netflix).

Netflix has the most extensive and diverse catalog, the most optimized interface, and offers the most extensive compatibility. Netflix is literally available on almost any platform. While its subscription prices are becoming less and less competitive, its offering is currently still unbeatable in my opinion.
    Netflix's catalog is among the largest and most frequently refreshed. The original creations, whether series or films are also a great asset, whatever one may think of their production quality.

Admittedly, Netflix is increasingly moving away from its back catalog (all the content that wasn't specifically created or broadcast on Netflix) to its Originals. Broadcasting rights and competition from other platforms are the main reasons for this. But at the moment, no other SVOD service can compete with Netflix even in terms of variety and volume, in my opinion.If we forget about that messed-up idea of auto-playing trailers every time we hovered over a movie or series poster, Netflix's interface is without a doubt the smoothest and best optimized on the market. The search tool is very powerful with the famous "secret codes" to access the "hidden" categories of the catalog.

The suggestion algorithm is also very advanced even if Netflix does not offer you any control over it. I personally often feel that, apart from the big binge-watchers who provide Netflix with enough data to refine its recommendations, the average user ends up watching the same thing at the same time, a bit like TV, which is quite counterproductive but good.

In terms of features, there's also the possibility of consuming certain content in audio description, parental controls that can be adjusted according to 4 age groups, downloading content to watch offline, or logging out on all connected devices. The Android and iOS applications are not left out either. For example, they allow you to lock the smartphone's screen during the playback of a series or a movie to prevent accidental taps.
    Video quality
    Netflix allows you to watch content in 4K ultra high definition provided you have subscribed to the Premium subscription. It is also important that you have a good internet connection to enjoy this plan (15 Mb/s minimum) - and have a compatible screen, of course. For plebs like me, the Standard subscription is limited to HD or even Full HD, and for users of the Basic subscription, the cheapest, it's 480p.
    Seriously, 480 poor p for a subscription of $8 per month! I find that insulting, especially since no other SVOD service has yet attempted to retaliate against it. On the other hand, I have to admit that the AV1 adaptive video codec makes a fairly smooth transition from one definition to another, depending on the quality of your connection. I can barely feel the switch from 1080 to 480p when my roommate starts playing League of Legends.

August 18, 2022 9:59 PM MDT