Forum » General » Suggestions » Notre Dame Notebook Chansi Stuckey Talks

Notre Dame Notebook Chansi Stuckey Talks

• It's been a newsworthy week for the Notre Dame wide receiver depth chart, who has lost a player and added two players to the depth chart this week. There were plenty of questions for wide receivers coach Chansi Stuckey this week, and he had plenty of answers.On Jayden Thomas And SpeedWhats most readily apparent about sophomore Jayden Thomas is his size. The 6-1, 215-pound sophomore is one of the most physically imposing of the Irish receivers. Stuckey has also been impre sed with Thomass speed this fall Corey Schneider Men Jersey after a summer of work. That has been the biggest grace and happine s that Ive had, Stuckey said of the Atlanta native's speed. (From) where we were in the spring, just to see where we are now. That guys bought in over the summer, because it takes commitment. Were not with them during the summer. They have to take ownership of what we did in the spring, the drills that we give them and do it on their own, so that when we come to camp they can be better. Hes shooting his shot right now and hes doing a really, really good job. On Jayden Thomas In The Red ZoneThomas made a handful of red zone catches on the first day of practice this fall. That was the only full practice and the only live action the media has seen so far. Stuckey believes Thomas can be a red zone weapon for the offense this season. What makes him unique is hes so big, but he has such good short area quickne s, Stuckey said. Hes thick, but he has really quick feet and a lot of suddenne s and understands how to move and contort his body, so thats one of the main things we look at. What I look at in recruiting is mid-flight body Adam Henrique Men Jersey control, Stuckey continued. How can I reach back, jump, contort my body, catch the ball, (and) land in the end zone with one foot. He does a really, really good job of that. The more we do it, the better theyll be. We dont want to be a finished product on September 3rd. On Braden Lenzy Veteran Braden Lenzy has had a consistent fall camp, based on what the media has been able to see through the first two weeks of camp. Stuckey likes what he has seen from the most experienced member of the group. I think the biggest thing for him is confidence, said Stuckey. He called me after (former Baylor receiver) Tyquan Thornton got drafted. He said Coach, can that be me? I said If you buy in. I think from that moment on, he began to believe .... Im gonna shoot my shot. Im going to see where this goes. I told him today I was super proud of him, just from the way Ryane Clowe Kids Jersey hes committed to the program, how hes matured throughout the years before I got here, from what I hear, (and) how hard he works, Stuckey continued. He is at least (one of the) top three hardest workers on our team. I think he wants to be great. You want guys like that, that want to raise the standard of the room. On Matt SalernoVeteran Matt Salerno is another grad student in the receivers room. He began his career as a walk-on, but earned a scholarship in the offseason. He will now potentially be counted on for a bigger role when Notre Dame takes the field Sept. 3. Playing within himself, Stuckey said of his expectations for Salerno. Everyone on our offense with have a role and if everyone is the best version of themselves, well be exactly where we need to be. I dont need him trying to be Mike, I dont need him trying to be (Tyler) Buchner, not JT (Jayden Thomas). This is your role, this is what you do Nikita Okhotyuk Women Jersey well and its our job as coaches to put him in a position to do what he does well, not ask him to do something he probably shouldnt be doing, Stuckey continued. Just having his role, knowing what he should be doing. Hes gonna give his all in everything he does and youre gonna look up and hes gonna make some plays. Scroll to ContinueOn Notre Dames tight ends Stuckey was asked if there is anything he can do to help Notre Dames tight ends group as receivers. Stuckey was quick to recall that position coach Gerad Parker had spent most the previous seven seasons at Purdue, Duke, Penn State and West Virginia as a receivers coach himself. Gerad Parker has the best job in the world, Stuckey said. Write that down, Stefan Noesen Men Jersey Gerad Parker has the best job in the world. He comes in, these beautiful, rock cut out Greek gods just walk in the room. You watch those guys and you see Eli (Raridon) come in and make plays, you see Holden (Staes) come in and make plays, Stuckey continued. But it makes for competitivene s. Youre only going to get better if its competitive. On Derrick Mayes Visiting The Receivers(It allows) those guys to understand, youre not just playing receiver in 2022, said Stuckey. Youre representing a whole conglomerate of Notre Dame wide receivers who were here before you. These guys know your name and theyre expecting you to uphold the standard that theyve started.Irish Breakdown Content Become a premium Irish Breakdown member, which grants you acce s to all of our premium content and our premium me sage board! Click on the link below for more.Be sure to stay locked into Irish Breakdown all the time! Follow me on Twitter: Follow me on Gettr:
      February 21, 2023 3:55 AM MST