Forum » Off-Topic » Off-Topic Discussions » What are your best writing tips?

What are your best writing tips?

• You won’t write perfect sentences first time but it doesn’t matter. You make passes through the document picking up things each time. Try and have an activity when you proofread, also you can use help of this writing service https://www.phdresearchproposal.org/economics-research-proposal-topics/ they have professional writers who are experienced in crafting research proposals and they can offer their expertise in structuring the proposal, choosing appropriate language, and ensuring that it meets academic standards. I often use their help to save my time and ensure that my proposal is written in clear and concise language with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. This post was edited by jack lucky at August 1, 2023 4:04 AM MDT
      July 20, 2023 10:53 AM MDT
  • you can try free write with no editing for a set amount of time. It helped me too. Leave the typos, don’t worry about flow. Just put Ref where you need a reference - look it up later. Edit for the same time again. This should get you out of writers block.
      July 20, 2023 10:50 AM MDT
  • I'm a first year PhD student and I'm trying to write my first formal progress report which (if you don't know) is just a summary of my project, my progress up to yet, my methods and my future plans. I'm having a bit of writer's block - maybe it's the impostor syndrome but I feel less able to write a good piece of work.
    I'm doubting everything I write and struggling to come up with a good way to start and finish my writing.
    So what are your best academic writing tips?
      July 20, 2023 10:45 AM MDT