Forum » General » News and Announcements » Differences Between wpc foam board And Composite Decking

Differences Between wpc foam board And Composite Decking

• Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. חבילות נופש לפורים
      January 19, 2020 12:35 AM MST
  • Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. חבילות נופש לפורים
      January 19, 2020 12:34 AM MST
  • The wpc foam board and the Composite boards have few similarities and many differences. They both are composed of plastic as a synthetic material. As the name would suggest, wpc or Polyvinyl Chloride is used in the manufacturing of wpc foam boards. On the other hand, the Composite boards contain different kinds of plastics (may include polyethylene or polypropylene) and also the wood powder or the bamboo flour. The composite boards that contain wood powder are also called as WPC or Wood Plastic Composite boards. Here are some differences between the wpc foam boards and the WPC composite boards.

Linear Extension/Expansion

The wpc foam boards does not contain any additive that may help it to prevent the linear expansion of the board and the underlying molecules when heat is applied to the board. Hence the long-in-chain molecules expand themselves whenever heat impacts them. The expansion can be quiet noticeable and may make the use of the boards dangerous. On the other hand, the composite boards are composed of the wooden floor along with plastics and have certain additives that prevent expansion. They hence retain their length and structure even in the presence of heat and warmth for long time intervals.

Ease of Installation and Usage

The wood plastic composite material offers more flexibility and can be easily bent, routed as well as ripped, so as to fit the contours of any space specifically. On the other hand, you cannot route the edges of the wpc foam boards, and even require more tools to do any kind of modification. Hence if you want to fit the board to the available space perfectly, you need to prefer the WPC boards.

Appearance and Aesthetics

The wpc foam boards exhibit synthetic uniformity and are less attractive, having inferior aesthetic and feel. As the WPC composite boards have wooden powder, they have the real wooden grain sculpt and stamp, and display more natural and authentic colors that are more pleasing to the eyes. The Composite decking and boards hence improve the aesthetics of any given space.

Resistance to Water and Moisture

Both WPC boards as well as the wpc foam boards offer excellent resistance to moisture and water. As the WPC boards can also resist temperature changes better, and do not expand or shrink with variations in temperature, they are even better than the wpc foam boards when used in humid and damp conditions.

Slip Resistance

The wood plastic composite boards offer better slip resistance because of the presence of wood grains in their built. If your deck is located in a rainy area or is exposed to water, you should prefer using the WPC boards, as they reduce the hazard of slipping, accidents, and falls.

WPC boards offer several advantages when compared to the wpc foam boards. The differences between the two kinds of boards are present because of the different molecular-level composition of the boards. The WPC boards undergo greater refining and also have the necessary additives to make them more useful even in adverse conditions.

January 12, 2020 7:30 PM MST