Forum » Off-Topic » Introduce Yourself » Dictator or 'Dad'? Belarus leader suppresses all dissent

Dictator or 'Dad'? Belarus leader suppresses all dissent

• I truly adored perusing your web journal. It was extremely all around wrote and straightforward. Not at all like different online journals I have perused which are truly not that good.Thanks alot!  click more
      July 11, 2021 2:51 PM MDT
  • These are some incredible instruments that i certainly use for SEO work. This is an incredible rundown to use later on..  Retirement Planning
      July 6, 2021 4:27 PM MDT
  • Your site is truly cool and this is an awesome motivating article. Much thanks to you to such an extent.  car window shade
      July 5, 2021 11:02 AM MDT
  • Is it alright to post some portion of this on my site essentially present a hyperlink on this site page?  rattan furniture
      July 5, 2021 11:02 AM MDT
  • This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free بابريكا حلوه
      June 25, 2021 10:36 AM MDT
  • Intriguing post. I Have Been pondering about this issue, so much obliged for posting. Really cool post.It 's truly extremely decent and Useful post.Thanks  canni gel polish
      June 22, 2021 1:23 PM MDT
  • Pleasant to be going to your site once more, it has been months for me. Well this article i've been sat tight for so long. I require this article to finish my task in the school, and it has same point with your article. Much obliged, extraordinary offer.  RFoG ONU
      June 22, 2021 1:23 PM MDT
  • Great post yet I was thinking about whether you could compose a litte more on this subject? I'd be extremely grateful on the off chance that you could expound a smidgen further. Welcome it!  etermis 3
      June 19, 2021 9:01 AM MDT
  • This is truly a decent and educational, containing all data furthermore greatly affects the new innovation. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing it,  packaging manufacturers
      June 16, 2021 12:57 PM MDT
  • I might want to thank you for the endeavors you have made in composing this article. I am trusting the same best work from you later on too..  sex doll online
      June 16, 2021 12:57 PM MDT
  • A debt of gratitude is in order for setting aside an ideal opportunity to examine this, I feel emphatically about it and affection adapting more on this theme. On the off chance that conceivable, as you pick up skill, would you psyche overhauling your online journal with more data? It is to a great degree supportive for me.  here
      June 10, 2021 1:15 PM MDT
  • All influencers are provided a Social media scheduling, posting and unified communications platform that helps have all the conversations in one place and connected to a influencer bot Influencer synonym
      June 7, 2021 6:40 AM MDT
  • A captivating examination is worth remark. I imagine that it is best to compose additional on this matter, it won't be a forbidden subject however for the most part individuals are insufficient to chat on such themes. To the following. Salud  click here
      June 2, 2021 3:39 PM MDT

• When Alexander Lukashenko became its president in 1994, Belarus was an obscure country that had not even existed for three years. Over the next quarter-century, slotxo he brought it to the world's notice through dramatic repression, erratic behavior and colorful threats.
    Sunday's forced diversion of a commercial airliner and arrest of an opposition figure who was aboard epitomized his rule.
    His disdain for democratic norms and country's dismal human rights record has made Belarus a pariah in the West, bringing him the sobriquet of “Europe's last dictator.”

The 66-year-old Lukashenko prefers to be styled as “Batka” - “Father” or “Dad” —a stern but wise patriarch leading a country out of infancy.
    Although he has made occasional moves toward rapprochement with the West, Lukashenko abandoned conciliation after massive demonstrations rose up against him in 2020 following an election to a sixth term as president. The opposition, and many in the West, rejected the outcome as rigged.
    Tens of thousands of protesters were arrested, many of them beaten by police; main opposition figures either fled the country or were jailed; foreign journalists were driven out of the country; and ordinary citizens reportedly were arrested for so-called “unauthorized mass gatherings” such as birthday parties and bicycle races. “

By suppressing opposition through harsh police actions and arbitrary arrests, along with keeping much of the economy under state control, Lukashenko made Belarus into a neo-Soviet outlier, wary of its thriving NATO and European Union neighbors. He alternately quarreled with and cozied up to Russia.
    He's noted for mercurial actions and provocative statements, which a leaked U.S. diplomatic cable assessed as outright "bizarre."
    In a famously bellicose moment in 2006, he threatened protesters by saying he would "wring their necks like a duck." He also attracted uneasy note this year during a Christmas season TV interview in his kitchen when he let his little fluffy dog ​​walk among the festive dishes on the table.
    The apogee of his draconian dramatics came on Sunday, when he ordered a fighter jet to intercept a commercial airliner bound for Lithuania and carrying one of his self-exiled opponents, journalist Raman Pratasevich. Belarusian authorities said the action was taken after a bomb threat was made against the plane, but Western officials dismissed that as a preposterous attempt to disguise an act of piracy.
      May 25, 2021 9:02 PM MDT