Forum » General » News and Announcements » Onoda wasn't the only soldier who found it difficult

Onoda wasn't the only soldier who found it difficult

• I like this post, And I figure that they have a great time to peruse this post, they might take a decent site to make an information, thanks for sharing it with me.
    אלי גבאי
      April 16, 2022 12:49 PM MDT
  • Onoda wasn't the only soldier who found it difficult to believe that the war had ended. In fact, many Japanese groups continued fighting long after the country's surrender. Twenty-one soldiers were rounded up on the island of Anatahan in 1951. Teruo Nakamura, a Taiwanese-Japanese soldier, endured 29 years in the jungle after the end of World War Two, on Morotai, in present-day Indonesia. And Shoichi Yokoi remained hidden in the Guam jungle until 1972. The latter revealed that he knew the war had been over for 20 years – but had been too frightened to give himself up. The key difference, says Seriu, is that many other Japanese holdouts "found ways to live in the formerly occupied country," and even started families in some cases. Onoda, on the other hand, "refused to live in collaboration with the inhabitants [of Lubang]."

Keep reading :  โรงเรียนวัดนิกรประสาท

Content :  นิวคลีโอไทด์

April 15, 2022 2:05 AM MDT