Forum » General » Suggestions » Umpire Blows Massive Call At The Plate I

Umpire Blows Massive Call At The Plate I

A division on the line, a postseason spot up in the air, and it all could have come down to one blatant mi sed call on a Tuesday night in the regular season.Okay, a little dramatic. But the po sibility of that outcome coming to fruition certainly is real.The Guardians and White Sox were tied at three in the seventh inning with the Guardians threatening to take back momentum in a William Perry Jersey pivotal game and series. Amed Rosario rounded third as a ball was hit in shallow left field and Elvis Andrus attempted to throw him out and home and Rosario was called Anthony Miller Jersey out.You be the judge:Rosario is safe. It's not even close.However, Terry Francona used his challenge the inning before on a steal attempt that Rosario thought he tagged the runner on. They lost the challenge and the ability to use it again.The whole "replay review" concept in baseball doesn' Allen Robinson Jersey t make any sense. The crew chief took a few minutes to review a foul ball for the White Sox that wasn't close to being a home run in the seventh inning. Also, if this play at the plate would've happened in the eighth then they would've been able to review it even without a challenge.Why not just review every potential scoring play like the NFL does?This isn't just a Guardians-White Sox i sue, it's a baseball i sue and another example of the misuse of replay review in the sport. Basketball, football, and even hockey have it figured out, but it's still a work in progre s for the MLB. At this Dan Hampton Jersey point, it's anyone's gue s when they'll know how to use it properly.Of course, the game would go into extras innings tied at three, even though it should've been over.Scroll to ContinueThankfully it didn't affect the outcome of the game and the Guardians were still able to get the win. Still, it' Mike Ditka Jersey s an i sue that still needs to be fixed.-----Read More:-----Be sure to stay locked into Cleveland Baseball Insider all the time!Follow Cleveland Baseball Insider on Twitter:
      December 6, 2022 8:46 PM MST