Forum » General » News and Announcements » Browns welcomed tanking investigation pl

Browns welcomed tanking investigation pl

Welcome to the Tuesday edition of the Pick Six newsletter!With the start of the now just nine days away, I'll give you three gue ses on what we're going to talk about today. Yup, the NFL Draft. I hope you gue sed that for all three gue ses.Not only are we going to look at some prop bets for the draft, but we're also going to unveil the mock draft of all mock drafts: The consensus mock draft, which is the mock draft where we round up the best Marcus Morris Jersey mock drafts on the internet to create a super mock draft. Also, because I want to cram as much draft talk as po sible into today's newsletter, we'll also be taking a look at how the and can have the perfect draft. If you're a Jets or Giants executive reading this, please take notes.As always, here's your weekly reminder to tell all your friends to sign up for the newsletter. All you have to do is . Alright, let's get to the rundown. 1. Today's show: Looking at betting props for the NFL DraftWith gambling now legal in nearly half the country, that means you could actually win some money while watching the NFL Draft next week. Will Brinson and Ryan Wilson are two guys who love winning money, which I think is why they decided to make draft props their main focus in today's show. Basically, they went through multiple position groups in the draft, and after Wilson gave his a se sment of each player in the group, they tried to figure out where that Mfiondu Kabengele Jersey player might get drafted.For instance, one player they talked about was Alabama wide receiver Jameson Williams, who has an over/under of 11.5 for his draft position with the under paying out much higher (+150) than the over (-180). A winning $100 bet on the under would earn you a cool $150 in profit, but a succe sful $100 bet on the over would net you just $55.55. Williams is coming off a season where he tore his ACL, which makes his draft position tough to predict.So what are Wilson and Brinson predicting here? Both guys actually think the UNDER is going to hit and that Williams will be off the board with one of the top-11 picks. "I don't think teams are worried about this ACL at all. I think he goes top-10," Brinson said. "You get plus money. You have the at eight, the at nine, the Jets at 10 and the at 11. I think he goes in one of those spots or some team trades up to get him."For once, Wilson actually agreed with Brinson's take. (This almost never happens.)"I like the under here, too," Wilson said.If you want a closer look at more draft props, you'll have to listen to today's podcast, which you can . You can also . 2. The mock draft of all mock drafts: The consensus mock draftWith le s than 10 days to go until the 2022 NFL Draft kicks off, I'm legally obligated to share at least one new mock draft with you every day until the actual draft starts, and today, we have the best one yet: It's the consensus mock draft.Our Bryan DeArdo scoured the internet and compiled 12 mock drafts from multiple different media companies, including ESPN, .com, and of course, CBS Sports. DeArdo then went full Dr. Frankenstein and cobbled these 12 mock Malik Fitts Jersey drafts into one consensus mock draft.Here are the top-15 picks in the consensus mock:1. :EDGE Aidan Hutchinson (Michigan)2. :DL Travon Walker (Georgia)3. :OL Evan Neal (Alabama)4. Jets:EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux (Oregon)5. Giants:OL Ikem Ekwonu (North Carolina State) 6. :QB Kenny Pickett (Pitt)7. Giants:CB Ahmad Gardner (Cincinnati)8. Falcons:WR Garrett Wilson (Ohio State)9. Seahawks:CB Derek Stingley Jr. (LSU)10. Jets:WR Drake London (USC)11. Commanders:S Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame)12. :CB Trent McDuffie (Washington)13. Texans:OL Charles Cro s (Mi si sippi State)14. :EDGE Jermaine Johnson II (Florida State)15. :WR Jameson Williams (Alabama)If you want to see how the rest of the first round plays out -- and trust me, . 3. Busy day for : signs $100.5 million contract, team confirms investigation into tankingThe Cleveland Browns had an interesting Monday. It started on a high note when the team agreed to terms on a five-year extension with cornerback Denzel Ward, but then the day ended on a low note when the Browns revealed to Sports Illustrated that the NFL is investigating them for Danilo Gallinari Jersey allegations of tanking.First, let's .Ward lands largest cornerback contract in NFL history. The Ohio-native isn't going to be leaving Ohio anytime soon after landing a five-year, $100.5 million extension from the Browns. Before Monday, was the only corner in NFL history to land a $100 million contract. Ward's extension includes $71.5 million in guarantees, which makes Ward's total money and guaranteed money the most ever given to a corner.Browns have handed out an insane amount of guaranteed money. Thanks to Ward's contract, the Browns have now handed out $340.5 million in guaranteed money this offseason, which is an absurd number when you consider the next closest team is nearly $100 million behind that. (The have handed out $242 million in guarantees, .) 2018 draft wasn't a total bust. Although the Browns are getting ready to get rid of , who was the No. 1 overall pick in 2018, their draft cla s from that year hasn't been a total lo s thanks to Ward (selected with the fourth-overall pick) and (taken 35th overall).As for the NFL's investigation into the Browns, :The investigation has been going on for more than two Johnathan Motley Jersey months. The NFL has been looking into this situation since early February when Hue Jackson insinuated that he was while coaching the Browns. In 2016, the Browns went 1-15, which sounds bad until you realize they were actually worse in 2017, going 0-16.The investigation is expected to be over soon. Whenever there's an investigation in the NFL, it usually leaks out at some point, but this one didn't leak out until it was almost over. Not only did the NFL confirm the existence of the investigation Monday, but the league also added that it's almost complete. "The review is ongoing and is expected to conclude soon," the league .Browns believe they are innocent. The Browns seem pretty confident that there was no wrongdoing on their end, "Even though Hue recanted his allegations a short time after they were made, it was important to us and to the integrity of the game to have an independent review of the allegations. We welcomed an investigation and we are confident the results will show, as we've previously stated, that these allegations are categorically false," the .Jackson originally made the accusations a day after the Brian Flores lawsuit was filed in February. A few days later, he walked back the but that the Browns were still trying to lose. Based
      February 17, 2023 8:10 AM MST