Forum » Off-Topic » Introduce Yourself » Cam Newton says hes still peaking but is

Cam Newton says hes still peaking but is

Jaylen Twyman Jersey For whatever reason we think athletes top out earlier than they used to (or at least we're willing to judge them at an earlier age). Cam Newton is a great example, with people believing he'd found his ceiling before 2015. That was very wrong.And it's po sible even bumped up against it yet, with Newton only hitting his physical prime right now at the age of 27. Newton believes it's the case, , he hasn't "peaked" quite yet."I haven't peaked," Newton said. "I haven't climaxed as a player, and that's what Stephen Weatherly Jersey I need to get better at."I always can find ways to take my game to the next level, and just getting everybody on the same page as one of the captains on this team, I take that very pridefully. And knowing there are a lot of people looking at me, as well as others, to lead the team." The reality is Newton probably peaked. This doesn't mean he'll win MVP again in 2016 and the Panthers will go 16-0, because improvement in the isn't a magical linear progre sion. But Newton can get better. He's gotten better each season in his career, even if he hasn't nece sarily seen it up show up on the statistical sheet every year. His pocket presence has improved tremendously and he's gone from a raw product as a rookie quarterback to a red-zone efficiency machine. It would also be po sible to Dan Chisena Jersey see Cam get better and for the Panthers to get slightly worse. That's just how the NFL works. He'll also be better at the podium this year (or at least better than he was following the ). Just don't bother asking Newton about the whole pre s conference he held."I Minnesota Vikings Hats 'm really so focused on June 2016 and going forward," Newton said. "I think I don't need to keep talking about things that happened in the past, and for what it's worth, I'm here trying to get better, find ways to link up with my players in the offseason so that we can maximize our talents to start in playoff form at the start of the season."This isn't unfamiliar when it comes to the Panthers. Ron Rivera consistently preaches a "let's move forward" approach and it's a good one. Lingering on last season can lead to bad mojo for the upcoming year. Newton approaching last season's i sues at the podium with a Anthony Barr Jersey nod toward the future is further proof he's capable of continuing to improve in all facets of his game.
      April 10, 2023 2:00 AM MDT