Forum » Off-Topic » Introduce Yourself » The Kind Of Ultimate World Cup Review

The Kind Of Ultimate World Cup Review

In what was the most eagerly anticipated World Cup draw in four years, with FIFA throwing in curveballs left, right and centre the tension pre-draw was at fever pitch. One of Pot 4 was moving to Pot 2, they in turn would be placed in a group with a seeded South American team for geographical purposes, and once we got to the live draw there was a Pot X. Pot X! I still dont know what Pot X was, all I know is England sniffed round there. Anyway, we made Noah Spence Jersey it through the draw and it threw its usually mix of group of deaths and oh my god did you see the group that France got, how did that happen they only just qualified!?I am going to take you through the groups that have been drawn and how I feel it will pan out at this incredibly early stage. I have listed in brackets the FIFA Rankings of the teams participating.Shall we start with Group A? Lets, I wouldnt want to disrupt alphabet karma.Group A Brazil (10)Croatia (16)Mexico (20)Cameroon (51)And the award for potentially the most underwhelming first game at a World Cup goes to.Brazil vs CroatiaBrazil couldnt have asked for a better draw for their home tournament. Croatia scraping through the qualifiers, losing a manager on the way, they also annoyed a lot of neutral fans by ruthle sly slaying those plucky Icelanders. Mexico are no longer the same Mexico as they once were, they were minutes away from elimination until the USA saved them with 2 late goals against Panama, and Cameroon are the reliable family member at these World Cups, they don;t really add anything to the party, but they turn up, they dont cause any problems, they leave their present on the table and they bugger off until the next event.This should be a relatively simple 9 points for Brazil and a great chance for the home team to play themselves into some form approaching the latter rounds. As for 2nd place, well, its a gue s isnt it, all 3 of these teams have the potential to win their remaining games, they also have a great D.J. Reader Jersey chance to go home battered, bruised and completely devoid of dignity. Purely due to an underwhelming qualification campaign Im ruling Mexico out. I also dont see Croatia making any form of impact at this tournament. Cameroon are coming off the back of relatively impre sive qualification campaign and are no strangers to the World Cup, ignoring their remarkably low world ranking I am going with Cameroon to qualify.Team Qualified Brazil & CameroonGroup BSpain (1)Netherlands (9)Chile (15)Australia (59)Oooooof, what an absolute beauty of a group. Chile are a journalistic wet dream with regards to some cla sic headlines. I can see it now Spanish left out in the cold by Chile, Au sies frozen out by Chile, The dutch prove too hot for Chile. Basically, its cleverly replacing the word Chilly, which signifies the weather is cold with the word Chile which is the country drawn into Group B. Ive gone on enough about the name Chile now, it might be a Ice idea to start analysing Group B.Im eliminating Australia immediately here, I wont even be discu sing their chances because they don Ricardo Allen Jersey t have any. If they manage to score a couple of goals and keep the opposition total down to about 2 or 3 each game then Id say that would be a succe sful tournament for Australia. With regards to Spain, Chile and Holland/Netherlands this is po sibly the worst group that either could have hoped for. This is the tournament where I believe the Spanish cycle ends, they have had a hell of a run atop ofthe international footballing pyramid but its time for them to climb down and let someone else have a go.You never know which Netherlands is going to turn up, they always seem to dominate European qualification, they reached the final in South Africa, yet Euro 2012 handed the real identity of the Dutch back over to the people with a shambolic tournament display.Chile are a wildcard, they totally dominated a second string England side and I feel the main advantage Chile have is they are still being overlooked by a lot of people. People do not realise how good this Chile side is, you cannot finish 3rd in South American qualification, which is by far the toughest qualification section, and be a bad team. They also have the advantage of being South American, this advantage should not be discounted. The guy who lives within walking distance from the pub always seems to be more relaxed, he strolls down in his own time, sinks a few jars and stumbles home when his wallets empty with envious abandon. The people who are hopping in a taxi are separating their money into two piles before they even get to the pub, beer money and taxi fare, that tough decision of whether to dip into the taxi fund for one more beer is on your mind all night, its not an enjoyable or settled way to spend an otherwise lovely evening. I believe this analogy explains Chiles advantage of being South American rather well.Based on World Rankings this is one of the toughest groups on paper to call with 3 teams in the top 15.So the Au sies are out, and I believe the Netherlands will join them. Spain will go through, a good tournament for them will be reaching the semi-finals, and Chile, well wrap up warm because Chile are in for the long haul.Teams Qualified Spain & ChileGroup CColombia (4)Greece (12)Ivory Coast (16)Japan (48)Personally, Joe Burrow Hoodies Sweatshirts this group annoyed me. Its a lovely melting pot of countries from all over the globe yet I always follow the Ivory Coast and Japan in these tournaments, and I really like the look of Colombia, so on a personal level Im greivingjust maybe not as much as the Greeks.Colombia has this group won, they had an extremely impre sive qualification campaign finishing 2nd and only 2 points behind Argentina. A large majority of this was down to their home form, a factor which won;t come into play in Brazil, but like Chile, they are certainly more accustomed to South American locations than the other 3.Greece, how do this team keep qualifying for these things!? Sure Euro 2004 was a great underdog story but come on guys, that was almost 10 years ago now, youre not going to win anything ever again and you knocked out Romania who are Jessie Bates III Jersey one of the most attacking teams in Europe at the moment. Shame on you, now pack your bags and bugger off.Ivory Coast have been a victim of the clichd Golden Generation for some time now, everyone refers to Ivory Coast as a decent team. Even before the draw I heard people saying I wouldnt fancy getting the Ivory Coast. Why? They have never done anything. They never really get the luck of the draw, always ended up in some form of Group of Death so this will be there best chance to qualify in a World Cup for a long time. I just dont see it happening.And then we have Japan, ahhh Japan. I remember sitting down pre match when Japan were playing in the Confederations Cup not quite
      April 10, 2023 2:17 AM MDT